The Insider’s Secret in Getting the Best Free Hosting Sites for Photography/Artwork With No Ads
I’m trying to get my artwork out there, and I need a good website for my photography and art. I also need to be able to sell through the site.
Answer: You are not alone. Free hosting will not be the best hosting for you. Web hosting is the heart of your online presence and can mean the life or death to your business. Here is a quick guide in picking the best site for your photography/artworks:
A free hosting sites makes money from the ads or at least their branding at the bottom of the page. You would be able to sell your photos but this service cost money to run. So no hosting will let you remove their branding or let you sell photos for free.
There are however free hosting sites that would let you create and publish your website for free like Weebly.com and Yola.com. They have lots of website templates to choose from, a user-friendly dashboard and publish your websites with no ads. However, because it is free you may experienced some limitation on the features you can access.
Most free hosting sites have limited webspace and bandwidth which is not very ideal if you are publishing a website with lots of photos and artworks. Aside from that, a few free hosting sites don’t provide ftp support and don’t have complete php and database support not to mention that they don’t also provide SSL certificates which is needed if you want to create an online store for your artworks.
If you want to sell your artworks, you can create your own photography artwork website. There are actually two main options in getting it dome. The first option is through using solution as a service method like Zenfolio and Smugmug. With solution as a service approach, you can finish your site quickly and with no wasting time in learning programming languages. Solution as a service requires no programming experience in creating your site. However, in Zenfolio, you have to pay 12% fee when you sell products from partner labs, pay 4% fee when you self-fulfill your own orders, and pay 8% fee when you sell digital products.
On the other hand, the second option involves making your own self-hosted photography artwork website which require you to have your own premium webhosting account and a registered domain name. You can register your own domain name at any accredited best domain registrar such as Godaddy and Namecheap. You can use this domain in signing up for a web hosting account but make sure your webhost is reliable, has cpanel and auto-installer support and most of all meets your web hosting requirements. Then just change the nameserver details of your domain name to be pointing to your web host.
Additionally, you won’t have any difficulty in creating your websites since you will use a content management system such as WordPress to easily create your professional photography artwork site. WordPress can be installed instantly using auto-installers like Fantastico and QuickInstall and as well as they have a wide array of photography themes and gallery plugins that you can use.
Here are some of the photography themes that you can make use of:
Furthermore, you can gain more benefits than drawbacks in self-hosting your photography artwork site. Below are some of the benefits you can get:
- you pay nothing from your sale
- Unlimited storage space not only for your photos, but everything else related to your business (including PDFs, presentations, videos, raw images, designs, digital products)
- host more domain names
- all-in-one photo hosting service from the first option above can hike up the fees and percentages as much as they want and at any time they wish (just like what Smugmug did). However, with a website on your own hosting account, your cost is minimal, i.e you pay only for the web hosting cost which is only about $10/month.
Before we answer your question, let us review the 7 factors to look for in a good web hosting. An excellent hosting:
- has at least 30 days money back guarantee,
- gives more-than-enough diskspace,
- offers unlimited bandwidth,
- gives unlimited add-on domains,
- has easy-to-use Site Builder,
- has Fantastico and QuickInstall to quickly install apps like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, OSCommerce, ZenCart and more
- can be easily upgraded to VPS or one of their cheap dedicated server plans if and when your business require.
Most Recommended Web Host
To answer your question, 92% of Webmasters recommended to try Hostgator. If you are building your first website and needs a hosting plan, experts usually highly recommend going with Hostgator because they are the best cheap cpanel hosting around.
What if you find out that Hostgator sucks after you signed up with them? HG has 45 days, longer-than-industry-average money back guarantee so you have ample time to test them out. They are rated A+ by Better Business Bureau which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. You also do not have to pay for the first month. You can just try their fully functional hosting service – you pay only $0.01 (you need to use the special coupon code). Do you know any other hosting company that can give you that kind of assurance? Anybody can grab an account from Hostgator for almost FREE.
How to Get an Unlimited Hosting Plan for Only 1 Cent
Click the Hostgator coupon code 2013 below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you already know that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price.
Who Should Not Try Hostgator
To be honest, no web hosting service is perfect. Drawback of Hostgator includes:
- No free domain name – but you can easily get a domain name from the best domain registrar such as Godaddy or Namecheap for $10 or less. Would you agree that a website is not complete without a domain name?
- You need to pay full price after your first invoice – well, they need to make money too and all the support and great service do come with a cost
If you are still not sure if HG is right for you, or you have specific query about anything at all, try the Live Chat at HG. They are fast and knowledgeable. Just shoot them some questions before you decide.